The Right Laser For the Right Person
For excellent LASIK results the latest generation of equipment is needed. Here at Eye Care Surgery Center we a have invested in four of the most advanced lasers available today. This allows our doctors the ability to provide the best treatment for each individuals unique needs. All of the equipment below is used at Eye Care Surgery Center.
VISX Star S4 IR Active Track Eximer
The STAR S4 IR™ Excimer Laser System is designed to bring Advanced CustomVue™ laser vision correction to life. Featuring VSS Refractive™ technology (Variable Spot Scanning) and VRR™ (Variable Repetition Rate) pulse-packing algorithm, both proprietary to AMO, the STAR S4 IR™ Excimer Laser reduces thermal effects on the cornea, allowing you to perform the Advanced CustomVue procedure quickly and effectively, while maximizing patient safety.
Using the STAR S4 IR™ Excimer Laser System, surgeons can deliver the broadest range of wavefront-guided laser vision correction treatments to patients. In fact, more than 94 percent of eligible candidates in the U.S., and more than 99.75 percent outside the U.S., may potentially benefit from the Advanced CustomVue procedure.*
- Delivers benefits of Iris Registration (IR).
- Conserves tissue by optimizing treatment times and minimizing thermal effects on the cornea.
- Minimizes additional time for wavefront-guided custom treatment over conventional treatment.
- Eliminates the need for dilation; laser tracks on the natural pupil.
- Maximizes practice efficiency and workflow through ease of use and ergonomics.
- Adjusts for intra-patient (XYZ) movement with ActiveTrak™ to further improve treatment accuracy.
*Market Scope 2005
ALLEGRETTO WAVE® Eye-Q 400 Hz Excimer
The ALLEGRETTO WAVE’s proprietary PerfectPulse Technology incorporates several proprietary safety features that help to further protect a patient’s vision:
- Smart Energy Control: Each laser pulse is checked three times before it is delivered to the cornea. If laser pulse energy is not at the desired level when it reaches these checkpoints, the system will automatically adjust before delivering the next pulse.
- Fast Eye-tracking: Three independent infrared sources follow the eye’s movements 200 times per second — once for every laser pulse administered. The system reacts in just four to six milliseconds (ms) if the eye shifts even a fraction of a millimeter. This virtually eliminates the chance of errant laser pulses that could impact the cornea.
- Wavefront-Optimization: Automatically determines each individual’s unique pre-operative corneal shape and provides a treatment that not only corrects nearsightedness and farsightedness, but also maintains the cornea’s natural curve following treatment. As a result, studies have found the ALLEGRETTO WAVE to be one of the first lasers in which patients reported a reduction in postoperative glare compared to their pre-operative vision.
- Non-Overlapping Pulses: The laser’s internal computer monitors the location of each pulse applied to the eye and makes sure that if a location needs additional pulses, it is treated no more than once every fifth laser pulse. This reduces the chances of any kind of heating effects occurring in the eye.
ZEISS MEL 80™ EXCIMER LASER
The MEL® 80 is a top quality ZEISS product, designed to make the correction of vision defects even safer, more patient-friendly and individual. All the parameters of this ultramodern work platform are oriented towards increasing efficiency, achieving optimum treatment results and the rapid recovery of vision. Key factors here are the very high ablation rate, the high-performance eyetracker system and individual treatment planning with the optional CRS-Master®.
MEL 80 is the excimer laser with a wide field of application, including
- Customized treatments as PRESBYOND® Laser Blended Vision and topography guided treatment
- Surface ablation treatments as PRK and LASEK and
- Therapeutic treatment as Phototherapeutic Keratectomy (PTK)
Added to this are tangible benefits for your daily work such as the overall ergonomic design concept and the economical operation of the system. Reap the advantages of an investment which is forward-looking, practical and profitable!
Intralase FS Femtosecond Laser
The ultra-fast IntraLase FS laser uses an infrared light beam, generating 30,000 pulses per second, to prepare the intracorneal bed and create the corneal flap in the first step of LASIK.
- Uses laser energy to create a corneal flap, eliminating the need for microkeratome (blade).
- The laser pulses then create thousands of microscopic bubbles which define the precise architecture of the intracorneal surface, as well as the distinct beveled edge of the resulting flap.
- Allows customization of flap parameters such as depth, size, hinge location.